7.07.2021

Taming The Jungle

Things had gotten out of hand with the water garden


so this weekend I took everything out


and transplanted them into pots with soil. 

Poor thing looks sad because Jac and I have been picking and eating the leaves as they get big enough.

We had only one surviving spinach plant (out of 6)


but all the cherry tomato plants did well turned into giants. 


According to the Google, it’s very difficult to grow spinach hydroponically, so I’m happy we got even one to grow. And I’m thrilled that Jac loves her “cabbage” sandwiches, eating it every time we have leaves big enough to harvest. 


I replanted the water garden with just 4 spinach pods - turns out planting in every opening is considered a “rookie mistake” since at least half the plants will die from lack of light. Gee, I wonder why they don’t mention that when they’re selling it?? 


And as a surprise for Jac, I planted all the remaining spinach seeds in one pot.


By the time she saw it this morning, we had the beginnings of lots and lots of cabbage sandwiches. Hooray!

 

0 comments: