2.21.2021

Star Blocks

So much for getting the whole quilt done today.


I’m happy with the blocks I did finish, thanks to my new best friend. 


Turns out the best way to deal with stretchy flannel is to *spray liberally with starch, press and repeat*. I’ve always used Best Press, mainly because it’s what quilt stores carried, but I’ve never been that impressed with its performance. Bought this a week or so ago on a whim, gave it a try when Best Press didn’t working on flannel, and I’m sold. Plus this bottle ought to last me a lifetime. Sometimes the old ways/tools are still best.

Starch notes for me - spray fabric, turn it over and press (not iron) the back, non-starched side; iron won’t stick like it does with wet starch and more starch will stay on fabric rather than on iron. For stiffer fabric, repeat process using light spray rather than heavy first spray. 

0 comments: