2.10.2021

Old or Cold

I’ve mentioned before how Lily Kitty avoids everyone but me, and has since she was a tiny kitten. She’s mellowed enough this past year that if I catch and hold her, she’ll allow the baby grands to pet her. And by “allow” I mean not actively try to escape as long as I’m petting her too.


So you can imagine my surprise when Lily jumped up on my chair and made herself comfortable, snuggling in next to the sleeping Jackie in my lap.


And stayed there long enough for Leanne to wake up (she swears she fell asleep after school was out) and take pictures.


I’m not sure if my old girl is mellowing (she turned 11 last August) or if she hates the cold enough to tolerate the littles. Either way, I’m treasuring this memory. 


On a side note - Ventura County lowered COVID vaccination eligibility to 65 and over yesterday and hubby and I got our first shots today. Hooray! The entire thing took less than 30 minutes, including the required 15 minute wait period afterward. Only 21 days to go for shot #2!

0 comments: