1.17.2021

Lost My Mind, Round 2

A friend called last year’s temperature project the “you’ve lost your mind” quilt. I’m still working on hand-stitching it (I’m almost up to June, whoohoo!), so this year’s quilt will be different. Something machine stitched, using a simple pattern, that I can sit down and get caught up on over a weekend if when I fall behind. 

 First fabric pull

It’s taken me weeks to make up my mind, 

 Reject! Braid pattern was a finalist until I tried sewing it. Icky.

with multiple flip-flops on almost every decision, 

 Background fabric choices 

but as of tonight, 

the FABRIC IS CUT and decisions are DONE. (I think . . .)

 Cut, labeled and ready to sew

I’m winging the pattern based on this picture I found on Instagram.



The background will be black (the top right pic above), which I think makes it look more modern and makes the bright colors really pop.


Thanks to the Stripology ruler I bought last year, all 19 fabrics were cut in a couple of hours, something that would have taken me several days the old way. And with all that done, tomorrow we sew!


1 comments:

captainhook said...

Yippee! Love your choices!