12.29.2020

#10

My final quilt for 2020 - Generals Stars - is finished, laundered and on our bed. 


started this in September as part of a quilt guild challenge


and sent it off to be long-arm quilted in October

 Peacock feathers for the quilting 

And then it sat for almost 2 months, missing the challenge deadline, and the start of our cold weather, because . . . I think I was intimidated by the size. At 80 x 88”, with thicker than usual batting, this is my biggest, heaviest quilt to date. 


But it’s been cold here at night - did I mention the extra warm batting in this one?? - so today hubby moved my sewing machine onto a long table in the living room 


and with Jac’s help

(so much help, bumping my legs and moving the foot pedal out of my reach)


wrestled stitched the binding on at last. So happy (and warm) to have this done. 

Notes: Pattern is ‘Big Wonky Stars’ by Missouri Star Quilts. Backing fabric is 108” Stonehenge Ombre. The stars and binding are the back side of Grunge Red#502 ‘Wild Ginger’ ‘cause I liked the color better than the front side. Weird, right?


The layer cake is ‘Generals’ Wives’ by Windham Fabrics, purchased as the daily special from Missouri Star Quilt Co in May 2012, my first year of quilting. It’s sat in a drawer since then, patiently waiting for inspiration to strike. Glad it finally told me what it wanted to be. 


0 comments: