5.27.2020

Tula Nova

Another quarantine finish.



I’m ridiculously pleased with this little quilt. I hand-sewed the English paper-pieced circle and hand-appliquéd it to the green fabric


than had it machine quilted by My Pal Debbie.


I started Nova a year and a month ago, in a workshop with Tula Pink herself. 

 Backing fabric

It was quilted and ready for binding in March, just as the pandemic hit. So, I put quilting aside and switched to making masks.

 Center medallion 

Two months later, it took less than two days to attach the binding and take a few beauty shots. 

 Whale and seahorse

My Nova isn’t as colorful as the original pattern but I was determined to use only the fat quarter bundle I’d previously purchased. Limiting myself sure made fabric selection decisions easier!


I love the calm, peaceful feel of the finished quilt. 

 Manta ray

And all the hidden surprises Tula adds to her fabrics. 


Sea dragons, anyone?  


And before anyone else asks, this baby is all mine!


1 comments:

captainhook said...

Applause, applause!