5.30.2020

Flower Fae Quilt

The first in the next pair of Quarantine Rule quilts is done



and its partner is waiting patiently in line for long-arm quilting. 


I started this a year ago, when Marie picked the pattern and fabric to go with the fairy panel I’d found on the quilt store run. 

 Backing fabric

I’d put off making it because it required quilty maths - the panel pieces were bigger than what was called for in the pattern, so all the other pieces had to be adjusted size-wise. 


But once I quit worrying and started cutting, this came together surprisingly quickly.


I’d planned to give this to Marie on her birthday but since it’s technically not a birthday present - and I hate waiting once a quilt is done - she got it a little early. I think she likes it. 

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Major WOW!

captainhook said...

Ooh, pretty! And hooray for successful math!