8.23.2019

So Long Stash

I haven’t been able to crochet - or wanted to, to be honest - in about 2 years, since I tore something in my rotator cuff. It doesn’t bother me enough to make surgery a viable option (yet . . .) but crocheting for more than a few minutes sets my shoulder on fire. 


I’ve been worrying about what to do with the yarn stash I accumulated curated over the past 20+ years. I’ve given some away to friends, but there is still a lot packed away upstairsAnd I’d really rather have the room for my quilting obsession fabric. 


Sooooo, I packed it all up (almost*) and donated it to a Guild mate who runs a charitable organization that teaches weaving to developmentally/intellectually disabled teens and young adults. 

 There’s 40+ cones of carpet warp in those boxes. I *might* have gotten carried away on eBay when I was a new weaver . . .

I’m thrilled the yarn went to a wonderful home and will be put to good use. And excited thinking about potential uses for all that reclaimed space. Next on the agenda is reorganizing my fabric and redesigning my sewing room. Pictures soon!

* I kept all my Encore and kitchen cotten yarns, thinking the girls might use it some day for weaving on the rigid heddle loom. And my “exotic” yarns, like quiviet, mink and cashmere. Just couldn’t bear to part with them yet. 

0 comments: