8.09.2019

Addy’s Here!

Addy and her mama arrived late Thursday afternoon, making much better time on their drive from CO than we’d expected.



First order of business was documenting Addy’s latest growth spurt, which put her inches taller than Auntie Marie. And Addy’s only 12! I’m next - Addy’s about a 1/2” shorter than me and she needs just an inch to pass her mom. It could very well happen by her birthday in November.


Next up was dinner and a side trip to Build A Bear. 


I asked Addy if she was too old for stuffies now and she said “heck, no!” Her daddy is going to be soooooooooo happy. 


Today, by Addy’s choice, was crafting day. She turned down going to the Fair or a movie so she and I could sew. 


Addy forgot to bring the purse pattern she wanted to make, so we started checking links on Pinterest,

 Addy’s “stop taking my picture and let me concentrate!” face

finally settling on this tutorial by RedFly Creations, which we enlarged to fit Addy’s school iPad.

 Lining fabric looks like shimmery mermaid scales

A bit of sewing, a bit of ripping (mostly my fault . . .)


and within a few of hours we had a finished masterpiece. Fast, easy and finished - that’s our kind of project. 

0 comments: