6.11.2019

Grateful

I’ve been making dozens and dozens of half-square triangles (HSTs in quilting lingo) so I can make this wallhanging - 


 I need 120 3” HSTs for this. If I counted right . . .

HSTs aren’t difficult but each one has multiple steps and it gets boring and repetitive and boring and that got me thinking how grateful I am for things that make the job easier and faster.


Like little girls who love to iron, especially when there’s spray starch involved.

 Quilt-In-A-Day Ruler 

And friends who talk me into buying things I’m not really sure why I need, and those things cut my HST-making time in half from my previous favorite method.

 It was good knowing you, Bloc-Loc

I’m grateful for strangers in the blog-o-verse who post videos reminding me I have that super cool ruler. And other blogs who forever change how I make these blocks - no exaggeration - by showing how to make 8 HSTs AT ONE TIME. It’s amazing and magical (and fast and easy and no bias edges to stretch out of shape).



So I’ll be over here in my corner, making fast HSTs forever, ‘cause now I want to must make this too. 

0 comments: