5.06.2019

Stepping Up Quilt

I was waiting until this reached its new home before posting finished pics,



but that was back mid-April . . .  Better late than totally forgotten??

The free pattern is “Stepping Up” by Donna Robertson. It’s fast, easy and (I think) shows off the batik fabrics beautifully.


The musical backing fabric is from my stash, and not only was it the exact right size,


it was the perfect color. The notes I thought were brown turned out to be purple and match wonderfully with the border fabric. 


Add musical quilting in orange thread and we’re done. 


This quilt now lives in Oklahoma with my best buddy from high school. We were in band and orchestra together, and she still plays in her local community orchestra, thus the musical theme. Plus, she loves orange as much as I do. Bonus! Hope she enjoys this, and it brings her happy memories, for years to come.  

0 comments: