One-Button Cardi

Stopped by the yarn shop last night and found the perfect button - kinda neutral and kinda purple - so this sweater is done, and just in time for the gloomy, misty, chilly days we've had this week. I made this pattern once before (here) in the called-for super chunky weight yarn and wanted to try it again with a thinner yarn.
I made a few changes to make the pattern more 'mine' - changing the gauge/hook size to fit the yarn; half-double crochet trim on the bottom edge and sleeves; pulled in the neckline to make it tighter; changed how the increases on the sleeves were made.

The sleeves are a little tight, but other than that, I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It's surprising how very wearable this pattern is. The original is a favorite of mine and I bet this one will be too.

In other news . . .

I also finally got around to taking FO
pix of the Sweet Cabled Cardi I finished back in July, just in time for the Fair. I love how it turned out, but not sure how I like it on me. Seriously thinking about ripping it out and making something else. Guess I'll wear it a few times and see how it goes.