10.08.2008

Finishing Touches

Dick finally got some benefit from the home decorating shows I love. As one of the final pieces of the living and dining room remodel, we rehung pictures on the walls today.

The normal process would be for him to hang the picture; me to say it needs to go 'x' inches in 'y' direction; and him to get upset about the now multiple holes in the newly painted wall. Instead, we cut pieces of wrapping paper the same size and shape as the pictures, and then taped them to the wall, moving as needed until we were happy with the arrangement.
No fuss, no muss, and no extra holes in the wall. I love having my stuff up on the walls again. This is what the dining room looked like before we started the remodel (red arrows mark the windows we removed): And this is the dining room now. New floor? Check. New wall? Check. New molding on baseboards and windows? Check and Check. I think the wall color (Behr's Sly Fox) and window molding are my favorite parts.

Dick also put new molding around the bay window in the living room. Love. It.
Now I need to figure out some kind of window treatment. And Dick? Dick gets to start the kitchen remodel. Isn't he a lucky guy?

0 comments: