8.25.2007

Personal Best

My little waterfall of color - 407 yards of 2-ply, handspun goodness - a personal best for number of yards spun in a single skein.

This is the Columbia/mohair roving I bought at last year's Fair. I've slowly been working my way through the 1+ pound bag. At Thursday's spin night, I plied 2 of the 3 bobbins I've had sitting around for awhile. I love the colors and the yarn is well balanced; I was very pleased with how it turned out.

I was going to make a scarf with this, but I think I'll wait until it's all spun and see how much yardage I have. Maybe enough to do a shawl? We'll see . . .

I found this wavy scarf pattern on Ravelry
and immediately knew I had to make it - AND that I had the perfect yarn already in my stash (3 skeins of Noro Kabuto. Softer than usual for Noro and a solid color. Don't think I've ever seen a mono-color from Noro before.) You'll notice that it's knitted? I'm enjoying every stitch so far.

Friday is now 'Knit Day'. When I sit down to work on a project, I automatically reach for crochet. To encourage me to work on other crafts, I've designated
Thursday for spinning and Friday for knitting. Weaving Monday may be next. I knit one 66-yard skein last night before moving on to . . .

The Yarn Harlot's One Row Handspun Scarf. My handspun. My knitting.
This is the Iris Eyes Are Smiling roving I spun and entered in last year's Fair (honorable mention! whoohoo!) This is another pattern I knew I wanted to make as soon as I saw it. It's a simple 4-stitch repeat that makes a reversible fabric. 4 stitches. You'd think that would be hard to mess up. You'd be wrong.

0 comments: