7.30.2008

Moderation

Hooray, spinning doesn't hurt my shoulder. If I don't do it for four or five hours at a time, that is. Moderation in all things is my new motto.

I Navajo-plied - my new favorite technique - the last 2 ounces of this Ravelry colorway and ended up with about 74 yards.
I haven't measured the first batch of yarn yet, but it should be about the same, so I'll have in the neighborhood of 150-160 yards. These aren't my usual colors but I really love this yarn.
Once that was off the wheel, I dug through my stash and came up with some roving I bought back in February '06. This is Frosted Fields from Spinderellas; 12 ounces of wool and alpaca yumminess, with just a touch of glitz. I got several ounces spun tonight; I'm spinning it fairly thin and plan to Navajo-ply it, aiming for a DK weight 3-ply. I have several Spinderella colorways - some I purchased and some given to me as Christmas presents - but I've never actually spun any of it. Now that I've started, I may not stop till it's all gone.

0 comments: