7.06.2008

Brought To You By Jiff

*Tour de France KAL update below!

Addy is more of a grazer than a meal-eater. She'll nibble on things but seldom eats all of what she's offered. The exception is peanut butter toast.
She licks it, pokes it, wipes her hands and face with it (not her hair this time!) and then she eats it alllll up. Super yummy!

Tour de France KAL Update:

No Tour TV coverage for me until Tuesday - daughter's cable package doesn't include Versus - but I'm working hard toward my first goal, finishing the crocheted cable sweater. I had the back and both front pieces done before the Tour began. Now the first sleeve is 2/3's finished; that's where the first ball of yarn ended.
I decided to start the second sleeve with the next ball of yarn, rather than finish the first one, and then bring both of them to the finish line together. This one is about 1/3 done.

I only brought 2 balls of sweater yarn with me to Colorado (poor planning, but I didn't think I'd get this far, this fast) so I've been working on making fleece blankets for Addy. I gave her a choice between a light green and hot pink, and - no surprise - she chose pink, pink, pink! I added a Tinkerbell applique and a no-sew fringe border, and voila - Addy has a new favorite blankie.

The pink and green are both remnant pieces I picked up at Joann's on a previous trip for 75% off (about $4 each). This trip I got 2 more pieces, one 35" x 36" with neon-colored hearts for $1.30; I'm adding a 4" satin border around the entire blanket. Pictures tomorrow when I (hopefully) get the border sewn on. The second remnant is a muted orange that I'll use as a car blanket for Dick and I. That one is much bigger and cost a grand total of $1.20. I love fleece remnants!

0 comments: