8.18.2023

Sew Alaska

I love buying vacation fabric, especially things that relate to a particular area or culture, 

Tlingit-style salmon

so when I stumbled across two great quilt stores (and one stinker) I had to support them. Right??

This tablerunner kit was from the shop in Juneau, Changing Tides, which sadly has no website. Soooo many things I wanted in that store! Plus the employees - a husband and wife team - were great.

Just enough scraps for a Jackie art project. 

i wasn’t a fan of the included pattern, plus the runner needed to be longer, so I made this up as I went. Love when I win at fabric chicken! (Fabric chicken = finishing a project with only tiny scraps left over. These are the tiniest!)

Maybe this weekend I’ll get photos of everything I bought and post them. 


2 comments:

Vickie Graham said...

Fabric chicken...love it!!!

captainhook said...

Me too: fabric chicken! 😂