8.22.2023

Bits And Pieces

The littles go back to school in the morning (Wednesday) and I’m more than a little sad. We’ve had fun this summer and I’ve still got crafty things I want to do with them….

A hurriquake hit us Sunday, with over 3 inches of rain in about 12 hours. Very unusual for our semi-desert area. No damage from the water or the shakes (5.0 quake and lots of 4+ aftershocks), so very grateful for that!

Donovan spotted a spider while we were outside Monday. Jac and I said, “so cool!” (as long as it stays outside.) Donovan said - and Pop agreed -  “kill it with water!”

But the first thing Donovan wanted to do, when he woke up today from his sleepover, was go check on the spider. He’s really a tiny bit fascinated. 

Big D decided to make a 2-sided volcano for crafty time. I think it’s his first time using tape … he kept hitting himself in the face when the tape would suddenly tear … but he figured it out!

I love giving kids a bunch of art supplies and watching what happens. Paper, scissors, tape, playdoh, plastic knife and voilá - Pikachu sculpture! “For you, Grandma!”


0 comments: