6.14.2021

Water Garden

Today we picked and ate the first spinach leaves


from the hydroponic garden Jac and I planted May 13. 


I wasn’t convinced it would actually grow anything (black thumbs are me!)


so we only planted 6 each of spinach and cherry tomatoes.


All but one of the tomatoes are thriving, including one I planted in dirt since I didn’t have enough slots in the planter.


Not doing so well on the spinach tho. Three failed to sprout at all and the fourth died after putting out a few leaves. Bad seeds? Not hydroponic friendly? Just bad luck? Who knows at this point.


Jac has decided she loves spinach, so we’re going to try again using the same batch of seeds but a different starter medium. Wish us luck!




P.S. Jac asked for a “cabbage sandwich” for dinner. Happy to oblige! 



0 comments: