6.04.2021

Mini Run

The Central Coast quilt shop run was canceled again this year, so four of us -all vaccinated- decided to do our own mini-run. 


So fun to get out*, fondle fabric and do our part to revitalize the economy. 

Navy blue Grunge with the perfect tinge of purple

The only thing I *needed* was binding fabric for Ombre Carnival, which I found at our first stop, Quilty Pleasures in Simi

Jac’s birthday quilt I didn’t know I was going to make

Next up was Candy’s Quiltworks, in Northridge, one of the biggest, best supplied quilt stores I’ve ever seen. So much temptation. How could I say no to rainbow unicorns for Jac?? And those orange ginkgo leaves! Don’t know what it will become, but knew it had to come home with me. 

108” backing for hubby’s future quilt

Then on to Quilt Emporium, in Woodland Hills, another store -like Orcutt- where almost everything is just my style. So many pretties.

Pretty linen fat quarters

We’d planned two more stops - the new location of Cotton and Chocolate in TO and The Fabric Shoppe in Camarillo - but a freeway gravel spill, and the resulting 45 minutes it took to go less than 1 mile, sapped our enthusiasm, so C&C was our final stop. The new store is very nice, with lots of natural light and tons more classroom space. None of us bought much - I’m blaming low energy - but it’s close enough we can go back again soon. 


* I feel a tiny bit bad that I left hubby home alone to deal with the yard contractor and wrangle both Jac and Donovan. And that I accidentally (no, really!) left my phone at home so he couldn’t even call if things went bad. Oopsie!

0 comments: