7.15.2020

Disaster Averted

This quilt has given me grief since I started it. And last night I thought it was going to have the last word. 


 Pretty backing. 

I finished the binding and label, took some beauty shots and put it in the wash. Like always. 


Because the binding is red, I thought I’d give it a quick check for bleeding before tossing it in the dryer.  


Disaster! The binding and at least one of the red squares bled onto the white. And the blue bobbin thread I used to sew this top (yeah, not my smartest move) also bled and showed clearly in multiple places.  Just.Shoot.Me.

 Bathtub soak

I remembered reading about a possible fix, so did a quick search of Pinterest. Success! After a 10-hour soak in scalding hot water and Dawn dish detergent, both the red and blue bleeds are gone. So much relief. 

It’s going out in tomorrow’s mail, so I can show the beauty shots soon.



0 comments: