7.23.2020

Cookies and Quilts

I finished this top today


and still had time to bake cookies. 

Kidding! While I sewed, Leia baked cookies without help (almost),


put away her ingredients (mostly)

 Mickey Mouse ears 

and cleaned up her mess (kinda). All without being asked. 


My favorite tween baker is growing up.


On the quilt, I added the 3.5” sashing between columns to make it wider, then added a 10” border to the top and bottom. It’s now an acceptable, wrap-yourself-up-on-a-cold-night-and-be-comfortable 49.5 x 70”.  


And how close did I come to running out of fabric? I have one 6” x wof piece leftover, but I came within half an inch of the border pieces being too short. That’s close! (Whoop, I won fabric chicken!)


1 comments:

Vickie said...

Scary game of chicken, but at least no leftovers! 🤗