9.04.2018

One Done

The firefly quilt is bound, laundered, cat-approved - 




and should be on its way to its new home very shortly.



I started this as a quilt-along on July 1 and put the last stitch in the binding on September 3. That’s fast! 

  Long-arm quilting by my pal, Debbie.

This isn’t the largest quilt I’ve made, but at 73 x 73” it’s close. 



It’s big enough to cover my queen-size bed with a little bit of overhang. 


Cat-tested and approved, as promised.  Silly Lily loves quilts, especially freshly-laundered ones. 



The pattern is available from Pattern Drop here. The pattern is very well written - with pictures!! - and I highly recommend it. There are a bunch of lovely examples on Instagram (search for #fireflyquilt). Additional info can be found here - including making bees 🐝 rather than fireflies. Come join the fun!

0 comments: