5.17.2015

Crochet Happens

I'm behind - again - on posting completed crochet projects. I'd rather put up pics of cute grandgirls and the silly fun we have, I guess. But I have finished a few things lately -
 
a shawl made with gradient yarn I picked up at Yarn Fest from Wooly Wonka Fibers. Love the name and the yarn. (Details are here.)
 
I've worn this almost everyday - when I could get it away from Leia. Made the mistake of wearing it when I volunteered in her first grade class.
 
She whipped it off my neck and around her shoulders, and that was the last I saw of it until class was over.

Two samples for upcoming classes
 
Bruges lace scarf, made with Knitted Wit's Cashy Wool - yummy merino and cashmere blend. The color is gorgeous, even if it looks a bit weird in these photos. 
 
Entrelac bowl class, both felted and unfelted versions.
 
This was the first time I'd tried felting in my new-ish washing machine and I wasn't sure how the high-tech electronics and low-tech felting would mesh. 
 
I ended up pouring 2 pots of boiling water in the machine to get the temperature high enough, then letting it go for a normal cycle without checking on progress. Nerve-wracking, but it worked.   

0 comments: