6.09.2012

More New Dresses

These are the new style of dresses I've been experimenting with. The pattern, more like a 'recipe', is fairly easy to follow, even for a novice like me.

Leia has Tinker Bell fabric, her current favorite 'princess'.

IMG_0164.JPG
This was the first dress I made, and I followed the pattern carefully. There's a 3" hem (changed to a rolled hem on Addy's) and the straps are sewn on by machine, which is too messy for my taste.

IMG_0159.JPG
I'd thought about ripping these out and re-doing them, but now I'm leaning toward leaving them alone but doing future dresses differently. I do like the finished edge around the armhole.

IMG_0162.JPG
Addy loves the color blue, horses and has curly hair, so when I saw the bolt of "Brave" fabric, I grabbed it.

IMG_0156.JPG
The movie isn't even out yet but Addy has the dress.

IMG_0163.JPG
Hers is extra long - did I mention she grew 5" last year?? - with a rolled hem and hand sewn straps and armhole edging.

IMG_0157.JPG
It took a LOT more time but was definitely worth it. Love the finished look.

IMG_0151.JPG
Both girls love their dresses and Addy has asked, pretty please, if should can have more. Why yes, my dear, I think we can arrange that.

0 comments: