4.23.2008

Startitis

I've got a bad case of startitis. There are a bunch of UFO's* lying around here, but I've got a craving for something(s) new.

Like a cabled crochet sweater. I've wanted to do a cabled sweater for a couple of months, but couldn't find the right pattern. While looking through someone's Ravelry projects, I found IT - Dusty Miller from Crocheted Aran Sweaters.
AND I had the book with the pattern AND the right amount of yarn in the right weight. It was meant to be. This is two day's worth of work. It's going to take awhile, but will be totally worth it. (if it fits.)

I haven't started it yet, but I've got the yarn, needles and pattern out and ready to go for the log cabin blanket by Mason Dixon Knitting.(Ravelry link) I just got the book - I came late to that particular party since it's been out for awhile. I kept waiting for the book to go on deep-discount sale and it never did. Could be because it's so popular - and for good reason. I read it cover to cover in 2 days - something I almost never do with a craft book - and found 3 projects that I have to make right now. Lots of humor, good patterns and great knitting info.

This blanket is going to be my traveling-to-Kansas project, made with all stash yarn.
It's all garter stitch so it should be mindless but entertaining with the color changes. We're driving and I can't read in a moving car. I'm hoping I can knit and not get sick.

I sorta finished one thing. This is 8 ounces of Polworth that I finished spinning tonight.
I'm planning to Navajo ply it tomorrow at spin night. I've got another 8 ounces of a darker gray that still needs to be spun. I'm planning to combine the 2 yarns into a project. Just as soon as it tells me what it wants to be.

*UFO's = Unfinished Objects. Like the Peace Shawl, Weekend Sweater, knit cardigan, one-row handspun scarf and Fantasy shawl. And probably more that I've forgotten about.

0 comments: