3.27.2007

I {heart} Laundry

Well, not laundry. But I love my new laundry room. One of my requests when we remodeled was to have more space in the laundry room. The original area was little more than a hallway. So we moved the ugly wall on the right back two feet (eliminating the closet that was on the other side of the wall), painted, put in new flooring, hung cabinets and voila - gorgeous! I love all the counter space and how open it feels now. Dick is going to install roll-out bins behind the middle two doors so I can easily sort laundry and still keep it out of sight between loads. Dick's pretty innovative and likes putting his own touch on things. One of our concerns was where to put the cat boxes. The girls are all indoor kitties; even the garage is off-limits to them*. So Dick cut a hole in the wall between the laundry room and the garage, installed a cat door, built a caged in area under the desk and . . . . . a private, cats-only area. Very cool. The cats haven't minded the change; I think they think they are getting away with something since they've never been allowed in the garage before.

And what does the other side of the laundry room look like? Typical washer, dryer, and hanging rack. Not nearly as cool as the new side.

* The girls are either well trained or wimps; I can't decide which. Whenever they do manage to get out - usually after Dick leaves the door to the garage open a few seconds too long - they hightail it around back to my studio, where they sit by the door and cry until I let them back in. Brats.

0 comments: