7.17.2023

Hair, Heat and Quilting

I’ve tried, off and on, to talk Jac into cutting her hair for over a year. It’s pretty fine, snarls easily, and was too long for her to manage herself. 

When we were done washing it today, as I started trying to get the tangles out, I asked her again if she wanted it shorter. And she said “yes”! (Are you sure? Really sure? Positively sure?? Yes, yes and yes!) It’s ridiculously cute and she loves it. Still haven’t heard what her mom thinks of it . . .

The boys and Mary went to a food festival in Thousand Oaks on Saturday. I’d taken a look at the predicted temperature (93°!) and said no, thank you. They lasted less than an hour before the heat got to them but at least they got a cute pic! (And $16 lemonade . . .)

Now that the genealogy book is done, and my shoulder is as good as it’s going to get for awhile, I broke out the finished flower blocks-of-the-month and printed the paper pieces for the next two I want to do. May not get any actual sewing done before we leave for Alaska (7 days!!) but I’ll be ready to go when we get back. 

0 comments: