3.08.2019

Belated Birthday

We celebrated Naia’s 18th (!!!) birthday tonight with dinner at Wood Ranch in Burbank



on our way to see Cats at the Hollywood Pantages.


Since we were over an hour a bit early (you can never predict LA traffic, so early is always better)


we walked a block up to the Pie Hole for ice cream (Leia), 


deeeeeelicious fudge pie (Naia, with a bite - ok, 3 bites - for me) and apple crumble for Pop.


Pop and I saw Cats (at the Pantages) when it first come out and I remember it as odd but enjoyable.


It’s definitely still odd (it’s about cats; of course it’s odd).


The girls’ reaction at intermission summed it up pretty well. Naia, “I’m so lost.” Leia, “What the heck is going on???” At the end of the night, they both agreed they had a good time but that seeing Cats once was plenty. (“Memory” is as wonderful as I remember and the woman who performed it tonight was AMAZING. Goosebumps amazing and worth the price of admission all by itself.)

0 comments: