11.12.2008

Shawl Class

The second Pineapple Shawl class went well Tuesday night, although nobody is even close to being finished. We're having a third session in December, hoping to get through the final third of the pattern.It always amazes me - it's one of my favorite things about teaching - to see how items from the same pattern can be so different. Sometimes I like it, sometimes not; and occasionally I'm almost green with envy and wish I'd thought of it first.

Which was the case Tuesday. I thought a solid color yarn was essential to this pattern; too much color, not to mention glints of metallic, would conflict with the intricate pattern.

Wrong.

One of the ladies did her shawl in Blue Heron's Rayon Metallic in a blue/green and I'm in awe. Stunningly gorgeous.

D**n it. Now I'm going to have to make another one of these.

0 comments: