3.15.2008

Fashionista

Addy loves hamming it up for the camera. Rachel's a camera buff so Addy has had flashes exploding around her since she was born. I stood her up in the family room and by the time I had the camera turned on and ready to go, Addy had already started 'posing'. * We did a quick costume change and she was ready to go again. First she tried to find grandma inside the camera - and then she got down to business. This is Elizabeth Zimmerman's Baby Surprise Jacket, knit with Plymouth Encore in two colors. It's also my very first knitted garment. I love the kitty and puppy buttons (from my LYS). I improvised the seaming. My first attempts at mattress stitch seams looked like sheeeet. So I grabbed a crochet hook and slip stitched the sides together. It may not be traditional, but I like it. Or as Addy says, it's a Touchdown!
* The dress is Baby Blues Dress from Crochet Today! July/August 2007 edition. I used 4.5 skeins of Classic Elite's Flash in 6126 (multi-color white, pink and green) and 1 skein of Flash in 6189 (multi-color
pinks) for the trim. The stitches called for in the pattern didn't show well in the multi-color yarn of the skirt, so I changed to a (sc, ch, 2 hdc) shell that looked much better. To tie the trim and skirt together, I also changed the trim to a 5-hdc shell on the bottom edge and a 3-hdc shell on the sleeves. Very easy, very cute pattern.

0 comments: