4.27.2007

Long, Long Ago

Remember when I was all excited about this? Almost a month ago, I found the yarn on sale (for $2!!) and promptly started the pattern from Doris Chan's book, Amazing Crochet Lace.

As usual, I got distracted by other projects. But I'd like to have the option of wearing this to Breanne's graduation tomorrow (congrats, Breanne!!) - so I worked on it all day yesterday. And at 11:30 last night, I was pinning it to the blocking board and patting myself on the back for having finished it by bedtime.

Yeah, right. The fourth block - which was my first block - was significantly bigger than the others. Seems I made just a tiny, little error, which resulted in 7 sections per side rather than the required 6. So, at 2 A.M. I finished pinning the newly recreated fourth, er, fifth motif to the board and called it a night. I'll sew it up today and then see if I really want to wear it tomorrow. Cross your fingers that it doesn't look like total crap on me.

UPDATE:

Sewn up & ready to go.
The front is one square, the back is another, and one each for the sleeves. I thought it was going to be tricky to put together, but it wasn't. It doesn't look anything like the photo above - the sleeves hit me about the elbow (not a bad thing) - but I think I'm going to like it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely pattern! The blocks look good, but I can't visualize how they go together. I'm looking forward to a photo tomorrow.