I wasn't crazy about this project while I was working on it, but now that it's done? Love it!
I think it was the motifs that were bothering me; just as I'd start building up speed, it was time to fasten off and start all over again.
But slow and steady (and a looming deadline) got this finished just in time for Wednesday's class.
Love the drape and how the beads (504 of them!) give it some weight, in addition to a bit of sparkle and bling.
I made a couple of changes to the original pattern (Beaded Lace Shawl from the Crochet Noro book.) I used a bigger hook (E/3.5 mm vs. C/2.75 mm); took out the interior picots (thought they looked cramped and weird);
and added a border all around that connects the outside edges of the motifs. Trying to wear this with a floppy edge would have driven me
even more bonkers.
Overall I'm pleased with how it turned out. Now I just need to decide if I'm going to keep it or give it away. . . .