12.02.2009

MIA

Seems like just yesterday we got back from Colorado; can't believe it's been almost a week since I blogged. Fibery stuff has been happening, but most of my time has been taken up with on-line shopping for holiday gifts.

I picked up a little something for myself today - well, for me and AJ. The 5-year old portable heater in my craft room died yesterday and since there are no heating ducts out here - and very thin aluminum walls - it gets a tad chilly. On the way back from seeing the Lady Dai show
at the Santa Barbara Museum of Art (great exhibit; pages from 2100-year old books, printed on silk? Fabulous.) we stopped at the local home improvement store and got a replacement. I think AJ approves. (At one point, she had most of her head under the heater. Toasty ears, anyone?)
While in Colorado, I finished another Gumdrop Hat, this time for me. It matches the ones I made for Rachel and Addy. Definitely looks better on Addy than on me, but then most things do. I also finished most of Addy's cabled sweater - but ran out of yarn before I got to the trim around the neck, arms and bottom edge. Hope my LYS still has the purple in stock; I knew I should have bought extra. Addy just turned 3; this sweater is a size 6 in width and a size 10 in length - and it's almost too short for her. Scary to think how tall she's going to be.

And last but not least, the loom is warped for a super-secret project.
If this works out, it's going to be a gift. If it doesn't, I'm going to have a boatload of . . . . . . . something. Crossing fingers that it turns out.

0 comments: