11.06.2023

Gift Quilts, Round 1

Back in August I offered to make quilts for my late sister Jama’s grandkids, incorporating her stash of fabrics, as a remembrance of her. 

He likes it!

I thought it would take until December to get all 7 quilts done (her daughters needed quilts too, right??j but thanks to the super fast work of my long-arm quilting pal, the first 6 went out this week.  

This is 6-year-old Spencer’s quilt, with the dogs and rainbow colors he requested,

quilted with dog bones. 

The dragon backing was from his grandma’s stash. (I may have given it to her since I have the same in my stash…)

Marshall, 12, got a colorful galaxy

with a variety of dragons on the back

and dragon quilting ordered especially for this project. 

The boys’ mom, Mandy, loves the outdoors and goes foraging for mushrooms, so this fabric seemed perfect for her …

Bird quilting

especially since it matched the colors for her favorite team on the back. 
Next up, Round 2 …


0 comments: