5.22.2023

Curve Ball!

Side note - my blog host has started eating photos (look back at April 7 and the following 5 or so posts; it eats a new post almost every day) so I’m going to limit photos until I figure out what’s going on. So annoying. 


Remember the brick wall I hit with hubby’s Wales line? I ordered an official marriage certificate from England for the Wales’ bride and after much drama and $$$  - the first one still hasn’t arrived after 4+ weeks (sent “air mail” which must mean they are walking it across the ocean…) and the second one cost $$ for “next day delivery” that took a week. 


But! It arrived today and boy oh boy was it a curve ball. Yes, it had the bride’s father’s name (John Jones) and profession (carpenter - hooray for something a bit uncommon!) so I can start researching that. It also had the groom’s father’s name and profession … and it was NOT the one I’ve been researching and writing up in hubby’s book (6 generations worth ☹️). In my defense, the groom’s name and age are the same in both families, they’re from the same area and … yeah. The worst of it is I was pretty attached to some of the people in the ‘other family’ - I’m really going to miss them. 😂 Now it’s back to the drawing board census files for me. 

0 comments: