6.06.2022

Fun Sun Run

Sunday was supposed to be a me-and-he day of visiting the last 3 quilt shops, then a nice lunch on the beach somewhere. 


But Donovan needed a place to hang out for a few hours, so we borrowed Jac to keep him company and took them along. 


I’d been to SuperBuzzy earlier in the week to get Tula Pink’s latest collection, Tiny Beasts, since I was afraid it would sell out before the Run and I WANTED IT badly. Probably didn’t need to worry but why take a chance, right??


At newly remodeled Grant House I picked up a bunch of fat quarters to go with stash fabric for year-long FPP BOM project Reyna and I are planning. It’s going to be BRIGHT!


Then a leisurely lunch on the beach - 


wait time for a table on the sand was 45 minutes 


but there was an area with beach chairs 

 “This is my good smile, Grandma!”

where the kids could play while we waited so everyone was happy.


Then more playing while we ate . . . 


Such a fun, peaceful time. 


We made it to Roxanne’s, our last stop, 


where I picked up some clearance frogs for pillowcases 


and got my prize for successfully finishing the Run. I loved the excitement of Saturday’s trip with friends but I loved Sunday’s relaxed, family vibe even more. Can’t wait for next year!


0 comments: