5.30.2022

What A Weekend

Came home last week to find water running down the driveway from the closed garage. That’s never a good sign. 


Hubby set about putting holes in the garage walls - he called it ‘investigating’; I called it him having too much fun with a hammer - until he found the source. 


New-to-us plumber came today and fixed the incorrectly installed bathtub drain (thus the water leak), a toilet one of the grand-girls stopped up, 2 sloooooooow draining bathtubs, and installed a new toilet in the remodeled bathroom for less than R0t0-R00ter wanted to fix one of the problems. 


Hooray! Looks like we have a new plumber!


I found (tucked into a book) and sewed a quilt block I started back in 2012 . . . but I don’t have  (or can’t find where I stashed) more of the dark blue fabric to finish the corners. Hoping I can find something to match on this year’s shop hop. 


On Sunday, hubby answered the front door and sold a car - for the second time. He bought his Z3 shortly after he retired 17 years ago but hasn’t driven it much lately since it only fits one grandkid at a time. He’ll miss it, but doesn’t regret the decision to let it go. 

 Silly Lily found a new place to hide from the grand-darlings

We also saw Top Gun Maverick (slow at first but the 2nd half is excellent) and Dr. Strange In The Multiverse (so bad; what a waste of great actors); ordered a new recliner for my craft room since the “leather” on the old one is flaking off (lesson learned - don’t buy “bonded” leather); and started cleaning out all my crochet and knitting books and patterns - they are all getting donated or given away. It’s sad, but it’s time. If you want some, let me know . . .

0 comments: