9.13.2020

Zoom Zoom

It’s taken 9 months but I think I’ve finally found something I like about 2020 - quilting classes via Zoom. 


The guild I belong to in Santa Barbara held a workshop where the presenter was in her Texas studio and participants were at their homes in California. In my case, no driving for an hour to get to the workshop and if I forgot/needed something it was right here. Win!

 Fabric by Jennifer Sampou

Malka Dubrawsky (
check out her work - it’s gorgeous!) showed us how to take ombré fabric,


cut it into strips

 Starching and pressing at the halfway point did NOT make things better

and sew it together again, log cabin style.

 19.5” block
Fun!

 Malka’s Shelter Quilt

My seams are wonky - it took me a couple of rounds to figure out what I was doing -

so rather than making the 20 blocks for Malka’s Shelter quilt,


I pulled out some scrap batting and quilted my lone, lovely block.


And tomorrow - or whenever I get a chance this week - I’ll turn it into . . . . . . . .

0 comments: