5.04.2008

Flagstaff to Santa Fe

Good news: I can knit in the car. This is a big deal because reading and crocheting both make me car sick. I'm working on a log cabin blanket from the Mason Dixon knitting book, using Lion Brand Wool-ease left over from previous projects, and these - Knit Picks Harmony Needles. I bought them because they're beautiful. It's a pleasant surprise that they're wonderful to use.

Bad news: I can't get the Slingbox to work. *#^%.


Today's travels included the Meteor Crater near Winslow Arizona:
This is the best preserved crater in the world and has been used by NASA for astronaut training. I think this was Dick's favorite stop of the day.

Petrified Forest: My favorite stop of the day. I remember stopping here when my family moved from Georgia to California in 1967, and taking our kids here when Gary was about 6. He says he still remembers this place; it does make an impression. And the Painted Desert: parts are desolate and gray; others are overwhelmingly beautiful, colorful and vast. And there are tiny signs of life, even in the desert. Beautiful

Tomorrow, we'll hit old town Santa Fe before bombing up Hwy 25 to Loveland and ADDISON! Can't wait.

0 comments: