2.21.2008

Ravelry Destash

I love Ravelry, especially the organizational tools, but it's turned into a real danger zone for me lately. I discovered the 'destash' pages - books, tools, yarn and especially spinning - and I'm spending way, way too much time there, even though I've gotten some great deals from my fellow Raveleers.

My absolute favorite stash enhancement is this -
Merino/Mohair roving in the Ravelry colorway from Twisted Fiber Art. I also couldn't pass up this 'Scorched' roving in my favorite fall colors. I normally don't like blues but this one caught my eye. This is 100% Mohair roving in 'Crocus Crochet' by Sakina Needles.

gratuitous cat photo - AJ does love her boxes

Yarn-wise, I just received this soft, gorgeous Zephyr laceweight Merino/Tussah Silk blend - 1260 yards in the "Martian" colorway. It's so red, it glows. I'm thinking this would make a great crocheted lace shawl.

And 10 skeins of
purple - so predictable, right? - Manos Cotton Stria that hopefully has enough yardage to make a short-sleeved sweater. For less than half the retail price. Score!

0 comments: