12.07.2007

Put On Your Shades

Scarf #2 is done - and it is bright. Reds and pinks, with a touch of purple. Perfect for a 6-year-old, yes? Our rigid heddle instructor said she can make a scarf, from start to finish, in two hours. I'm not that fast but I bet this didn't take me more than four hours. And it was fun.
My assistant helped me again today. She wasn't as enamored with the loom since I wasn't using alpaca, but she had to put her 2 cents worth in. She got tired after about 20 minutes and I actually got some weaving done. With Oreo curled up on my lap, between me and the loom, once again.

Tech specs: Warp yarns - Modea Dea Washable Wool in True Red and Plymouth Yarn's P-Zazz, color #6205. Weft - P-Zazz and Cascade's Fixations; the wool was free in my crochet conference goody bag and the P-Zazz came from the deeply-discounted sale bin at my LYS. I love almost free FO's.

0 comments: