8.04.2018

Volunteer Pumpkin

Last October, during the Guild’s annual sale, I bought a small pumpkin with succulents glued to the top. The idea was to plant the pumpkin and, as it decomposed, it would become food for the succulents. Sounded good - and the pumpkin/succulent combo was cute - but as usual with me and plants, nothing survived very long. I put the pot, and rotting pumpkin, outside and pretty much forgot about it. Until May, when I noticed what looked suspiciously like pumpkin leaves peeping over the edge of that same pot.




Marie transplanted it for me and look what we spotted tonight! 



Can you see it now? There are several more flowers so maybe we’ll get another baby or two. Crossing my fingers they continue to grow - the little girls will be so excited to have their very own pumpkin patch. 

0 comments: