12.25.2015

Christmas

Leanne helped me with last minute baking on Thursday. She's already a pro at cracking eggs

but this was her first attempt at grating zucchini. She got it on the first try but soon decided it was yucky and wandered off to get ready for Helicopter Santa....
which was grounded due to high winds.
But we didn't discover that until after we'd stood waiting in the cold for awhile. I was more bummed than Leanne - Helicopter Santa is my favorite "Eve" tradition.
We had a houseful for Christmas morning, with everyone here except Addy and her parents.

Naia's Batman footie pajamas were the hit of the day
but my favorite moment was when Leia and her friend, Kayiba, stood in front of the Christmas tree and sang Silent Night for us.
They'd been practicing for weeks, as a surprise for hubby and me. It was awesome.
Matt and Mary
Marie, Scott, Leanne and Baby to be named in June.
Gary, Shelly and Thomas
The old folks
Side view of the super cool mini-desk hubby made me, using sides from an antique cash register we found in North Carolina.
It sits beside my spot on the couch and will hold all my crochet and quilting tools, with a lazy Susan to keep them within easy reach. Love it!
Front view.
Presents!
Batgirl Salute
I want an emoji pillow! The laugh-until-you-cry one, just in case anybody's looking for ideas for next Christmas . . .
Sister-Cousins
Leia was rockin' those antlers. My fav pic of the day.
Hope all y'all had a very merry Christmas too!

0 comments: