4.06.2014

Quilt Class Day


Look what I got half done today - my Easter wall-hanging. 
The pattern is SoCal Easter by Debbie, my pal and quilting teacher (available here). Adding the palm tree to the pattern was my idea and I love how it turned out.
 
Lots of firsts for me on this project, including prairie points,
 
how to fix fusible applique when it doesn't "fuse" (hint: glue!), free-hand landscape quilting and more. 

I was going to use batiks on this but once I found this cute snail fabric . . . 
 
I decided to embrace my inner "cutesy", especially since the cloud fabric was sending it that direction anyway. The palm tree trunk is cat fabric from Leanne's recent dress; the eggs are scraps from various projects over the past few years.  
Still need to add the woven basket and large eggs, then the borders and binding. Hopefully I'll have it done by Easter.

0 comments: