I started a new series of quilt classes today that will encompass a bunch of different techniques. It runs three Saturdays in a row, 6 hours each day. I thought we were going to do two 12" blocks each week - I was wrong. We are doing FOUR blocks. Each and every Saturday. My brain hurts just thinking about it.
It went together pretty quickly, especially since I had the teacher right there for any questions. I got the pieces cut out in the morning class for the second one in this pair - Garden Walk (sample is Row 3, center, above) - and thought I'd put it together pretty quickly tonight. Wrong again. It's fought me every step of the way; I can't seem to do anything right. So, it's in time out. I'll try again tomorrow.
This afternoon we started working on curved piecing with 'Drunkard's Path' and 'Grandmother's Fan' (bottom row, center in sample). I got all the parts cut out and started piecing both blocks in class, again thinking I'd finish them up tonight when I got home. This one - Drunkards Path - went together pretty easily. Which probably should have been my first clue that something was amiss.
Just one little minor oops. An oops I didn't even notice until I looked at the photos for this post. If you check the instructor's 'Path' (Row 3, far right) you can see what this is supposed to look like.
Yeah, tomorrow's going to be filled with rip, rip, rip. Something to look forward too. Or not.