11.05.2011

Not My Usual

 Hubby says this is the ugliest thing he has ever seen.I started out agreeing with him, but Skullky has grown on me.Who wouldn't love that little face??


I was commissioned to make this for a holiday gift and Skullky will be going to his new home tonight. The body is crocheted and the white 'bones' are made from felt that I cut out and sewed on by hand. 
The pattern said this is a 6-hour project, but they lied. I've got at least 30 hours into it, which means I'll make just over a dollar an hour for my labor. But it's been an interesting project* and sometimes that's enough. 
I'm even thinking about making another of these for a gift. 
Or not.

*As with most Japanese patterns, this one was mainly a diagram, with a few, um, 'carefully chosen' words. Like "2-1-5". Which Anne and I eventually figured out meant that every 2 rows you decrease 1 stitch 5 times. Fun, fun, fun.      

1 comments:

Vickie said...

Man this Skullky is really different from your usual all right! Actually kind of cute!