8.23.2011

Gettin' Stuff Done

Got to spend the entire day crafting. The little girls were visiting friends, hubby went to see an Impressionist exhibit in Santa Barbara and I had the house all to myself - except for the kitties, who of course decided they needed to be right. in. the. middle. of whatever I was doing. Despite the 4-legged assistance, I finished four baby blankets - two fleece with turned hems and two cotton, one with turned hem and the other with satin binding. The cotton blankets (top 2 in the photo) are going to a new home soon; pictures of them once they're gifted.

The Tunisian version of the Helix is half done -
and I still love it. Not always the case when I'm flying by the seat of my pants, design-wise.

And my favorite -
I finished my first, bigger-than-a-bookmark bobbin lace project last night. Planning to sew this onto a shirt, so the unfinished edge at the top will be inside a seam. Really pleased with how it turned out and can't wait to start a new piece.

3 comments:

Petunia Pill said...

That collar is exquisite! Wow...beautiful work!

Vickie said...

The collar is to die for!!!!

Elisa said...

Thank you!