8.13.2010

Routers and Beefcake

I've mentioned before what a camera hog Lily-kitty is. Saw her posed on the bed like this and she stayed there, watching me, while I went to get a camera and took several shots. As soon as I switched the camera off, she rolled over and got up. A little kitty beefcake, anyone?

A couple of people asked about my new router. I bought the Netgear Wireless-N 300.
We tried to get it at Fry's but it was out of stock - and I would have walked away anyway rather than continue dealing with the very pushy, obnoxious sales clerk - and ended up at Best Buy where it was on sale for under $60.

With Netgear's very clear instructions, it took me less than 30 minutes to switch from the old to the new - and that included untangling cables. So far, I'm very pleased (hope that doesn't jinx me.) We have a strong, continuous signal throughout the house, even in rooms separated from the router by several walls, and we can have multiple computers online at the same time - neither of which our old router could handle.

There is a Wireless-N 150 that covers less area (for smaller houses) and a larger, business version that the tech guy said was overkill and too much trouble to get working correctly. Hope this helps - let me know if you have more questions and I'll try to answer them.

1 comments:

Dogmommy4 said...

I bought the same thing last week for our new computers...only mine is a Wireless N300 Router AND DSL modem. I try not to do Fry's - so I got mine from BB too. Had what I think is the best computer sales clerk ever who answered all my horribly un-geeky questions. Haven't set it up yet (still waiting for the new PC...looooong story. But, soon.....
:0)