1.01.2010

Year of the Shawl

I don't especially like setting 'resolutions' at the start of the new year - most seem doomed to failure - but I do like having project goals. About a week ago, I spotted a Ravelry group that looks perfect for me - knit or crochet (or Tunisian) 10 shawls in 2010. I love both making and wearing shawls and I'm annoyed with myself for not having finished more of them this year, so I joined up.

I'm also in the sub-group that plans to make 5 of the shawls with stash yarn - I'm hoping for more like 8 done with stash - since another of my goals is to decrease the amount of yarn I've accumulated. (Yes, I know I'll just buy more . . . . but I'll at least have some room to store it!)

This one won't count for the group since I 'hooked on' before January 1, but I'm in love with this.
I pictured a warm, simple, batwing (extra long 'arms') Tunisian shawl made with yarn already in my stash - and that's exactly what I got. I'll write up the pattern as soon as I finish the last 4-5 rows. I can't wait to wear this before it goes into the shop as a class sample. (Class info here; scroll down to Tunisian Shawl.)
The first 'real' shawl is also my first 'frog' for the year. I started a Seraphina's Shawl with my handspun but didn't like the texture or the look, so I ripppppppppppped it.
Started again with some in-stash Fearless Fibers Alpaca and Wool DK in 'Pumpkin Spice' and I like it much better. I want to have this done by Thursday night so I can wear it to the Ravelry party after my class at TNNA. Which means I need to get cracking on this.

0 comments: